WPC Flooring Group
In this group, KarZah, Advanced Materials, offers the wood plastic composite flooring known as WPC flooring. It is an environmentally friendly product. Manufacturing this product requires mixing natural sawdust with little plastic chips, quality enhancers, and adhesion glue. Wood-plastic composite flooring has several scientific and commercial names, including (WPC flooring, swimming pool wooden flooring, industrial wood flooring, and waterproof outdoor wooden flooring).
This material has many features, the most important of which is its high resistance to water and heat. Having these features allows us to use WPC flooring around swimming pools, for outdoor patios or in some areas in yards and gardens where luxurious wood-looking materials complement the beauty of the place. On the other hand, WPC flooring is an economical alternative of natural wood, an option that we recommend because of its high tolerance to various external weather conditions.
Composition of WPC Flooring
WPC flooring consists of the following components:
- Dry wood fibers (55%)
- Compressed ethylene or high-density polyethylene HDPE (35%)
- Chemical additives which serve:
- Protection from ultraviolet radiation
- WPC does not rust nor oxidized or rust when exposed to humidity
- Color stable (does not fade).
- Coupling and strengthening agents plus lubrication (10%)
The previous substances and agents are mixed and put under high pressure and temperature to form WPC. The final result is WPC planks that we use for flooring or walling. They are suitable for pergolas, canopy posts, and some other types of structure.
Areas of Application of WPC Flooring
This type of flooring is suitable for the following areas:
- Outdoor flooring for yards and passageways, around swimming pools, and public/private areas (landscapes) exposed to harsh weather conditions.
- WPC wall panels and cladding as well as roofing tiles for residential and commercial areas. WPC is good in lodges, too
- In pergolas, passageways, gardens, and car parking areas
- Onto fences, walls, swimming pool coverings, and the like
WPC Flooring Systems, Accessories and Tools
Wood Plastic Composite system consists of the following materials:
Materials and Accessories
- Beams, planks, and girders
- Stainless-steel screws
- Edge banding
- Expansion pipes and screws
- Plastic or aluminum clips and adapters
Conditions before Installation
- Finishing all work at the location
- The ground is either concrete or tile
Method of Installation
- The underlying ground has to be concrete, with a slight slant 1-2% towards water drainage.
- After ground preparation, we use screws to secure the girders and joists on the concrete 40 cm apart. We fix stainless-steel screws at a distance of 30-40 cm between each other.
- Afterward, we install the WPC boards while leaving 30 mm distance from the wall to allow for expansion/contraction. We use aluminum or plastic clips along with stainless-steel screws while going a 10 mm distance between the boards to allow for expansion.
- We place WPC corner guards on the edges. As for the wall edge, we attach the corner guard to the wall to allow for WPC board expansion. The installation team installs the corner guards using stainless-steel screws on the boards themselves if the edge is free.
WPC Flooring Features
Wood Plastic Composite flooring has the following features:
- Durability: it is 3-5 times stronger than wood
- Stable physically: WPC dimensions remain unchanged, and it is weather-resistant
- Environmentally friendly and fully recyclable
- Saves natural resources (wood)
- It has a natural wood appearance and does not have the same problems as wood
- Humidity and water-resistant. It is also resistant to seawater
- Anti-slip, anti-cracking, and resistant to different weather conditions
- Easily colored during manufacturing and does not require glue or paint, serviceable
- Heat-resistant (-40° to 60° C)
- Ultraviolet (UV) resistant
- Termite, insect, and mold resistant
- Easy to install and maintain
- Rust resistant
Cleaning and Maintenance
- This product does not require maintenance due to its strength and stability. If a WPC board is damaged, we can easily replace it without any problems.
- Use any detergents for cleaning without any effect on the WPC color or surface.
- Stains are removed easily with a piece of wet cloth and detergent.